Is it your first time at Østerbro Yogaforening? Check the schedule, then just show up 15 minutes before class.
No need to book. We have space for you😊
First time doing hot yoga?
Practicing yoga in a hot environment can be challenging and maybe even a little scary the first few times.
Ten tips if you have never done hot yoga before or if it’s been a while since you’ve practiced in a 38° heat:
- Drink more water than usual during the day before coming to class.
- Avoid eating for two hours before the class.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the class starts so you can register and take care of other formalities.
- Make sure to introduce yourself to the teacher and let them know it’s your first time. Also inform them if you have any injuries or if there’s anything else that might impact your yoga practice.
- Bring a water bottle, yoga mat and two towels. You can also rent a towel and mat (10 kr each) or buy a mat (300 kr) and towel (150 kr) from us.
- Avoid leaving the room during the 75 minutes class. Instead, take it easy, sit or lay down and breathe calmly in and out through your nose to relax your nervous system and move past the fight or flight response.
- You might feel dizzy and nauseous. Embrace it as part of the cleaning process and take breaks during class when you need to.
- Enjoy the body you have today and accept that your first few times might not be so much fun, but rather a wake up call for personal challenges, self reflection and growth.
- Drink a lot of water after class to replace the water you lost as sweat.
- Do not expect instant benefits, instead try to come very often the first 30 days and the healing will for sure begin.